HOW TO MIRROR WINDOWS 10 SCREEN TO ANOTHER DEVICE USING MIRACAST?
Miracast is a standard for wireless connections from devices (such as laptops, tablets, or smartphones) to displays (such as TVs, monitors, or projectors), introduced in 2012 by the Wi-Fi Alliance. It can roughly be described as “HDMI over Wi-Fi”, replacing the cable from the device to the display.
On 29 October 2012, Google announced that Android version 4.2+ (from updated version of Jelly Bean) are supporting the Miracast wireless display standard, and by default have it integrated. With Android 6.0 Marshmallow, released in 2015, Miracast support was dropped.
But there are a lot of Android phones also support it, such as Samsung which called “smart view”, HUAWEI which called “wireless projection”, XIAOMI which called “Cast”.
Microsoft released a unique feature in windows 10 that helps in screen mirroring with devices available in the network. The devices that are compatible with screen mirroring can be TV, projector, dongle stick, mobiles devices, etc. Windows 10 uses miracast that helps in screen mirroring.
Miracast is a tool that comes embedded in Windows 10 version 1607 or later. However, Miracast can be downloaded in the previous version of windows easily. To, start with, we need to change a few settings on the receiver computer.
Follow these steps to Mirror Windows 10 to Another Devices:
- Go to the system settings and open System Option,
- Now find ‘Projecting to this PC‘ in the left side of menu.
- From the first drop-down menu select, ‘Available everywhere’.
- And in the second drop-down select, ‘First time only’.
- Enable the option that says ‘Require PIN for pairing’ and change other settings as per your requirements.
- Now Save the changes and close the Windows.
Steps for connection:
- Make sure that both the devices are on the same local area network.
- Now on the PC whose screen is to be projected, go the ‘Action Centre’ and hit ‘Connect’.
- It will take a while to search for the available devices,
- and then you will be able to find the receiver computer in this list.
- Select the device and hit ‘Connect’.
- Now the connectivity will get established for Windows 10 with any other device.