When Samsung discontinued the MHL cable, users of Samsung Android smartphones suddenly had no easy way to “mirror android to TV” or to their projector screen. Users had been able to share things like photos, movies, apps, and more with family and friends.
Fortunately wireless display options have become widely available. Miracast is the wireless display technology that is built into most newer Samsung and other Android devices.
How Miracast Works
Miracast creates a direct wireless connection between your mobile device and the receiver. No other WiFi or Internet connection is required.
To use Miracast for mirroring your Android Smartphone to your TV, you need three things:
- An Android phone that is Miracast certified. Most Android 4.2 or later devices have Miracast, also known as the “Wireless Display” feature.
- A Miracast certified TV …. OR… a Miracast wireless display receiver.
- An available HDMI port on your TV.
BiJie Wireless Display Receiver is Miracast certified and therefore works with most newer Android smartphones.
How to Set Up a Wireless Display Receiver
Wireless display receivers each have their own settings. Below we’ll describe how to up the BiJie Meeting Box. You’ll start by connecting the Receiver to your TV .
- Unpack the Receiver and USB cable from the box.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the Receiver’s mini USB port labeled “Power.”
- Plug the Receiver into an available HDMI port on your TV.
- Plug the large male USB connector into a USB port on your TV. This will power the Receiver. If a USB port is not available on your TV, alternatively you can plug the power cord into an outlet using a spare power adapter.
- Turn on your TV and switch the input source until you see the “Ready to Connect” screen.
How to Mirror your Android Smartphone
Assuming your Android device supports Miracast, below are the steps you’ll take to mirror content from your smartphone to a TV.
- In your settings on your Android phone, open the ‘Wireless Display’ application.
The name of the Wireless Display application may vary depending on the device type and model. Refer to the device’s carrier or manufacturer user manual for more details.
- Select BiJie from the list of available receivers.
- You may be required to enter a PIN code. Enter the code that displays on your TV.
That’s it! You are all set to begin screening mirror from your Android device to your TV. You can display photos, downloaded movies, website, mobile games, and more…for friends, family, colleagues, or just for yourself.