How to project PC screen using miracast with windows 10
Miracast in Windows 10 can easily support mirroring from devices like laptop or Android phone to Desktop. Using Miracast mirroring is easy. It comes pre-installed in Windows 10 and sometimes just needs to be enabled. All of the laptops or PC with wireless connectivity hardware support miracast.
Miracast uses the PC adaptor and WiFi for the connectivity. Firstly you need to find out that your PC supports Miracast. Once you have checked for Miracast connectivity, Ensure Wi-Fi is switched on and try again – the warning message should disappear.
- If your TV comes with built-in Miracast support, then turn it On. Else connect the external adapter into the HDMI port of your television and power it on.
- Now on your Windows PC, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Connected Devices.
- Click on ‘Add a Device’ and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter and that’s all. You’ve set up the wireless display.
- You can now configure both the displays by pressing ‘Win+P’ and selecting a relevant option.
If not, make sure your other device is turned on and has Miracast enabled. Also, ensure the firmware and software are up to date. If you want to beam your screen to a projector, TV or other screens which don’t support Miracast natively, you can use HDMI cable connectivity.
HOW TO PROJECT ANY PC SCREEN USING MIRACAST for WINDOWS 10?
In case the user wants to connect one miracast enabled PC with another Windows computer that also supports miracast can be done easily. This is possible from Windows 10 versions onwards for Windows computer. Follow the steps to connect to PC using Miracast.
- Search for ‘Projecting‘ in Windows 10’s Search box.
- Now simply click on the Projecting option located under the Windows settings tab.
- Change the setting which says Always off to Available everywhere.
- Now, go to your other device and, if it’s a Windows PC, press Win+K to search for the PC you just enabled wireless projection on.
- This will connect the two windows 10 pc with one another using wireless connectivity.