How to project screen windows 10 to tv
Windows 10 comes with pre-installed miracast that helps to connect any wireless device for screen projection. All you need is a display capable of receiving wireless signals and able to project them. The technology behind this entire setup is called ‘Miracast’.
What is Miracast
Miracast is a standard for wireless connections from devices (such as laptops, tablets, or smartphones) to displays (such as TVs, monitors, or projectors), introduced in 2012 by the Wi-Fi Alliance. It can roughly be described as “HDMI over Wi-Fi”, replacing the cable from the device to the display.
On 29 October 2012, Google announced that Android version 4.2+ (from updated version of Jelly Bean) are supporting the Miracast wireless display standard, and by default have it integrated. With Android 6.0 Marshmallow, released in 2015, Miracast support was dropped.
But there are a lot of Android phones also support it, such as Samsung which called “smart view”, HUAWEI which called “wireless projection”, XIAOMI which called “Cast”.( how to use miracast)
It is a recently developed tool that was launched by Microsoft from Windows 8 onwards. Using Miracast in Windows 10 can help you to connect your PC with Television Screen. All you need is a Bluetooth or WiFi-enabled LED screen. If the Screen is not supported by wireless connectivity, then this can be done using dongle adaptors that get connected with HDMI port of the TV and can help to connect Windows 10 PC using Miracast.
Follow the steps below to connect TV with Windows 10 PC using Miracast;
- On your computer go to Settings, then open Devices.
- Now click on Add Bluetooth or other device and select the second option that says Wireless Display or dock.
- Simply select your device from the list of available devices and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you’ve successfully added the device, you can start projecting to it.
- To start projecting, open the Action Center and click on Project.
- Click on Connect to a wireless display. Now select your wireless display and you’ve successfully connected to your TV.
- You can easily control the projection mode, hit Win+P from the keyboard to open the projection menu. Select a model that suits your task.
NOTE: Since Miracast Windows 10 operates with wireless range, Make sure that your computer stays in the range of Wireless Adaptor of the TV.