How to Project Your Windows PC Screen to TV
Once your hardware is all set up correctly, it’s time to cast your Windows screen to your TV. Here’s how to do it:
- Click Start to bring up the Start Menu, or click the Cortana search box.
- Type Project to a second screen and click it when the Settings result shows.
- In the right sidebar, choose how you want to project by clicking on one of the options: Duplicate (both your PC and the TV will show the screen), Extend (the TV will act as a dual-monitor setup), or Second Screen Only (the PC monitor is deactivated and only the TV is used as a screen).
- Once you’ve made your choice, click Connect to a wireless display.
- Windows will now search for compatible Miracast devices and show them here. Double-click the desired device to begin your projection.
If Windows Can’t Find Your Device
After Step 4 above, some users face a situation where Windows can’t find any Miracast-compatible devices. What do you do then?
Click “Where is my device?” and add your device’s name manually.
Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and Devices > Add Bluetooth or Other Device > Wireless Display or Dock and choose or manually input your device.