How to set up miracast in windows 10
Read the guide below to know everything about Miracast. In this guide, you can find a way to download miracast, its installation, along with error and fixes.
WHAT IS MIRACAST?
Miracast is run and developed by Wi-Fi Alliance which helps in monitoring the content on the screen to be shared wirelessly. It is compatible with mobile phones, Projectors, Smart TV, Laptops, Desktops, tablets, etc. It is the tool that helps the connectivity with WiFi rather than traditional HDMI cables for screen output.
Miracast is becoming popular with the availability of wireless devices. Wireless streaming has achieved popularity and nowadays most streaming devices come with support for Miracast. It was firstly introduced by Microsoft with Windows 8 allowing to share HD videos or screen sharing wirelessly. Not the only screen, but it also lets the sound sharing as well.
- PC screen only: Disable the second screen and display content only on the original screen.
- Duplicate: Duplicates the content on both the screens.
- Extend: Extends the display and working area, settings can be easily changed in display settings.
- Second screen only: Disable your primary screen and display content only on the second screen.
Sometimes it can cause issues like no sound coming, or miracast not supporting the hardware or it may become incompatible with the browsers. Miracast comes pre-installed computers with windows 10.
Miracast Steps on Windows 10
To wireless display your screen
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Connection.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Connection.) or you can type Ctrl + k.
- It will find all the miracast receiver devices, and then tap or click the device of wireless display you want.
To choose what you see on each screen
Tap or click Project, and then choose one of these options:
- PC screen only. You’ll see everything on your PC. (When you’re connected to a wireless projector, this option changes to Disconnect.)
- Duplicate. You’ll see the same things on both screens.
- Extend. You’ll see everything spread over both screens, and you can drag and move items between the two.
- Second screen only. You’ll see everything on the connected screen. Your other screen will be blank.