How do I open and use Airplay on a Mac?
AirPlay is a powerful tool in the Apple ecosystem; It allows Apple devices to interact better. Just like you can stream content from a Macbook to a compatible TV or speaker. Are you having trouble getting the most out of AirPlay on a Mac? Small edition shows you how to open and use Airplay on a Mac.
Mirror your Mac’s screen using AirPlay
- Go to the Apple icon in the top left corner.
- Select System Preferences → Display.
- In the Display TAB, click the Play-in-Space drop-down menu and select the available display.
- If prompted, enter the password displayed on the TV to allow pairing.
- Optional: Check the box next to the Display Mirror option on the menu bar in the Display TAB when available to pop up the AirPlay icon when a compatible TV is nearby.
To control mirroring options, such as mirroring a built-in monitor or using it as a separate monitor, or switching between devices, click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar and select an option accordingly.
To turn off the screen image, click the AirPlay icon again and select Turn off Airplay.